The author’s description is pasted below. If it’s not really obvious, this was a pretty dumb thing to do in my mind and I’m a little perplexed about their “let your guard down” comment. Tell us what you think in the comments below.
This video should serve as a reminder never to let your guard down while traveling in the sidecountry or backcountry. This slide happened around 10:30am on 1-2-12. Red flags were plentiful on this first sunny day after about a 30inch cycle, and we almost got seriously spanked.
A few screenshots from the video:
- Skier Triggers Shadow Peak Avalanche During High Danger – January 20, 2012
- The Five Red Flags – The North Face’s Know Boundaries Avalanche Safety Series Episode 3
- BTNF Western Wyoming Avalanche Bulletin – January 18, 2011
- Skiers Narrowly Avoid Avalanche In Jackson Hole’s Northwest Passage
- Scary First Person GoPro Avalanche Partial Burial Footage
Search Terms: pucker face avalanche (30)