I had no plans to ski today, but Ungrounded‘s Michelle Smith called me up last night and convinced me we should try. She’s leaving for Thailand this afternoon and this morning was her only shot at turns for the next month. Why not? There looked to be about a foot of fresh when we got to the top of the pass, though it was scattered among two foot high bushes. We hiked to the top of Telemark Bowl and got 10 or so fairly decent turns in. If our footage is decent, I plan on posting a video later tonight. Plans are also in the works for Targhee tomorrow. Stay tuned and check out our photos from this morning below!
Looking Back Toward 22
Michelle Getting After It
Twin Slides Could Use About Two More Feet
West Of The Pass Toward First Turn
Michelle, Getting Psyched To Drop In
My “Line,” Sorry Bushes!
Mama And Baby Moose
- Earning October Grand Targhee Turns Video & Photos – October 8, 2011 – The Teton Sessions Season 2 Episode 1
- Photos From The 2nd Annual Redneck Biathlon On Teton Pass – Ebb & Flow Media
- Than Volk 2011-2012 Season Edit – The Teton Sessions Season 2 Episode 10
- Beginning Of The Backcountry Season Video & Photos – The Teton Sessions Episode 12
- Than Volk 2010-2011 Winter Season Ski Edit & Photo Recap – The Teton Session Episode 14.5
Tags: 2011, bush, bushes, erik mehus, fall, first turn, first turns, first turns of the season, jackson, jackson hole, michelle smith, moose, october, pass, point of release, powder, season, ski, skiing, telemark bowl, teton pass, than volk, twin slides, ungrounded, wyoming